Mansoor Ali Khan has been criticised for his misogynistic and sexist comments against Trisha. The 'Leo' actor, director Lokesh Kanagaraj, Chiranjeevi and several others slammed him.On November 21, he held a press conference in Chennai where he said that he wouldn't apologise for his comments.
In his speech, Mansoor Ali Khan said that though he's part of 'Leo', he didn't have scenes with Trisha. He went a step ahead and said that he lost out on the opportunity of having 'bedroom scene' with her.
After his speech, Nadigar Sangam (film body) had temporarily banned him for his comments. They said that they would withdraw it when he realises and apologises for his mistake. Mansoor Ali Khan gave Nadigar Sangam four hours to withdraw their statement against him.
– He said, "Nadigar Sangam made a mistake (by imposing a temporary ban till he apologises). When an issue like this happened, they didn’t even ask me for an explanation. They should have called me or issued a notice asking for explanation. There should be an inquiry. But that didn’t happen."
– Mansoor Ali Khan said, "I will give four hours' time to Nadigar Sangam to withdraw their statement against me. They said I should apologise. Do I look like someone who will apologise? Media can write whatever they want against me. People know who I am. I have the support of Tamil people."
– Mansoor Ali Khan further added, "Media published the statement of Trisha with pictures of both of us side by side, which look like pictures of bride and groom. Couldn’t you all have used a better photo of mine? In some pics, I look nice though."
– Defending his comment yet again, he explained, "What does a rape scene in cinema mean? Does it mean raping someone for real? What does murder in cinema mean? Does it mean they are murdering someone for real? Shouldn’t you have some sense? I haven't said anything wrong. I will not apologise."
– Trisha reacted to Mansoor Ali Khan's speech and wrote, "A recent video has come to my notice where Mr. Mansoor Ali Khan has spoken about me in a vile and disgusting manner. I strongly condemn this and find it sexist, disrespectful, misogynistic, repulsive and in bad taste.
– Nadigar Sangam condemned his speech and said that they have imposed a temporary ban until he realises his mistake and apologies.
– Trisha was last seen in Thalapathy Vijay's 'Leo', which raked in over Rs 600 crore worldwide.